Thursday, January 17, 2008

Blog 3

Finally that last thing that I have really evaluated is Chris' stupidity towards girls. So he was practicing for track, and he fell and cut up his elbow really bad. Well of course a huge scare formed there, it would be unnatural if there wasn't one. So Chris moves on to another girl who he really likes, and thinks she is amazing. Well she is not your average girl(excuse my French, but she was prissy) so she always comes into class late and apologizes to the teacher(get this she actually gets away with it), and takes her seat like nothings different. She looks down at her desk and jumps up shrieking. Chris knew his plan had worked, he thought she would fall for him because he placed on of his prized possessions on her desk(as an I love you kind of gift). That is absolutely mental in my mind, but i guess I'm not a guy so maybe I wouldn't really understand all that well. So she is shrieking and the teacher comes over(you know Chris is gonna catch hell for this one.) And she makes him go throw it away, or he will be expelled from her class. He loved his dry, icky, rotten scab too much to throw it away, so he took it home and kept it on his head board. That is disgusting. I don't know what person in their right mind that would be flattered by that. That is absolutely repulsive. The main point that I am trying to make is that , over the past few days of reading my book I have noticed that a lot of guys act the way Chris used to when he was a young boy. Chris had a huge anger issue, and I know lots of boys/men who do too. I have also noticed that even though they probably don't want to admit it most boys are very insecure about themselves, especially around girls. They are just as self conscious as girls are around boys, it is really interesting to me. I had never really noticed that before until I started reading this book, and actually analyzing boys behaviors. In a way girls and boys aren't all that different mentally when it comes to relationships, and that kind of stuff. Yeah there are many different things to gender, but everyone is still at a very insecure, self conscious stage in their life. Chris really helped me realize that I shouldn't be too nervous around other because, they are probably just as nervous around me. I really enjoyed King Of The Mild Frontier, it was an absolutely phenomenal novel, and I can't wait to read another Chris Crutcher novel.

No comments: